MGP Privacy Statement
About this privacy statement
Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited (trading as Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team) ("MGP", "us" or "we") recognise the importance of protecting your personal data. This notice explains how we collect, store and use your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law, including, where relevant, (as amended from time to time) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("EU GDPR"), the EU GDPR as it forms part of the law of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by virtue of section 3 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and as amended by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 No. 419 ("UK GDPR") and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Unless we inform you otherwise, MGP will be the data controller. If you are unsure of the identity or contact details of the relevant data controller, please contact us using the details set out in the contact section below.
This statement (the "Privacy Statement") explains how we collect, store and use your personal data that we may collect from you through your use of our webstore at shop.mercedesamgf1.com, shop-us.mercedesamgf1 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Website”), and what rights and options you have in this respect.
When used in this notice, unless otherwise stated, the terms "controller", "processor", "data subject", "personal data", "process", "processes", and "processing" have the meanings given to them in the UK GDPR.
If you would like to understand more about how we collect information about your use of our Website, please refer to our Cookies Policy, https://shop.mercedesamgf1.com/pages/cookie-policy.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Privacy Statement is not a contract and does not itself create any legal rights or obligations.
The types of personal data we may collect and use
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information provided to us by you. This might include: (i) contact information, including name, email, telephone number and address; (ii) payment details; (iii) location information; (iv) your birthday; (v) your personal description and photograph; (vi) IP address (vii) your marketing preferences; (viii) your browser or device information; (ix) information about your use of our Website and social media; (x) your communications with us; (xi) your participation in promotions, surveys, prize draws or competitions; (xii) information about your attendance at MGP events; (xiii) information provided through your participation in discussion boards or other social media functions; and (xiv) where you report a problem with our Website or other websites that we control.
- Information that we collect or generate. This might include: (i) information relating to your relationship with MGP; (ii) your preferences including searched and viewed products; (iii) purchasing activity; (iv) website usage data; (v) Uniform Resource Locators clickstream to, through and from our Website; and (vi) page interaction information.
- Information that we obtain from third parties. This might include: (i) information provided by our customers, suppliers or business partners - particularly where you have asked to receive information from MGP; (ii) information available from public sources; and (iii) insights provided by analytics specialists.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us for the following purposes:
- to operate, administer, maintain and improve our Website, IT systems and processes and other MGP digital platforms - including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- to monitor, improve and protect our products, content and services;
- to check credit or debit card detail you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions);
- to provide you with information about other goods, services or events that we may feel interest you or are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to operate and maintain an internal database of our fans;
- to create and gather a profile on our fans to understand what might be of interest to you and how we can tailor our goods, services, communications and opportunities for you and provide you with a better fan experience;
- to send direct marketing materials to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of that advertising;
- to invite you to take part in promotions, surveys, prize draws and competitions and allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- to notify you about changes to our Website and other MGP digital platforms;
- to keep our Website and other MGP digital platforms safe; and
- to comply with legal, tax and regulatory obligations.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Depending on the nature and purposes of processing being carried out, our basis for processing may include:
- pursuing our legitimate interest or those of a third party. Under the EU GDPR and the UK GDPR, the lawful basis of such processing is Article 6(1)(f) of the EU GDPR (or equivalent provisions in the UK GDPR) (i.e. the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data);
- complying with legal obligations. Under the EU GDPR and the UK GDPR, the lawful basis of such processing is Article 6(1)(c) of the EU GDPR (or equivalent provisions in the UK GDPR) (i.e. the processing is necessary to discharge a relevant legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject); and
- performance of a contract. Under the EU GDPR and the UK GDPR, the lawful basis of such processing is Article 6(1)(b) of the EU GDPR (or equivalent provisions in the UK GDPR) (i.e. the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract).
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will obtain your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you, or where your consent is otherwise required under applicable law. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out under "Contacting Us" below.
How we may share your personal data
MGP does not sell your personal information. We may from time to time, in accordance with the purposes described above and as permitted by applicable law, disclose your personal information to other parties, including: (a) affiliates of MGP (including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding companies and their subsidiaries); (b) third party service providers relating to the Website or other MGP digital platforms, including Shopify, Global-E, Seko, BAO, Klevu, Gorgias, Paypal, Awesome OS, Yotpo, Klayvio and other data analytics service providers ; (c) commercial and business partners; (d) our webstore partners; third party platforms who facilitate competitions, prize draws, marketing and social media campaigns for us; (e) to prospective or actual third party purchasers as part of a potential or actual sale or transfer of business assets; (f) professional advisers such as law firms and accountancy firms; and (g) courts and regulatory, tax and governmental authorities in the countries where we operate.
Unless you have provided your consent, or we are otherwise permitted to do so under applicable law, we will not disclose personal information to our team partners, team suppliers and/or other advertisers or sponsors for their own purposes - but we may provide them with aggregate non-personal data about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach specific target audiences.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data. Third parties who receive your personal data from us will process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions and consistent with this Privacy Statement and applicable law. These persons may be permitted to further disclose the personal data to other parties as permitted by applicable law.
International data transfers
The disclosures and processing described above may involve transferring your personal data overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the EEA, including the UK. (Equally, if you are dealing with us within the UK, you should be aware that we may transfer your data outside of the UK). Some of these recipient countries do not have similar or equivalent data privacy laws. We will ensure that any such transfers are carried out in compliance with applicable law, including, where necessary, being governed by data transfer agreements (such as the European Commission and Information Commissioner's Office approved model clauses) designed to ensure that your personal data is protected on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission (or UK government, as applicable) or as otherwise required under applicable law. If you want to request a copy of any such agreements, please contact us using the details set out under "Contacting Us" below.
Links to other sites
We will endeavour to only provide links to other sites that are from a trustworthy source. However, once you leave our Website or other sites we control, you should be aware and take note that we have no control over any other website. We cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection of privacy of any information, that you provide on any other website. Those websites, including, without limitation, those of MGP’s webstore operator, will not be governed by this Privacy Statement. If you use any of the links provided to you from our site, you should read their applicable privacy statement before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not currently use any processing systems which make decisions and produce legal effects for you, or which may otherwise significantly affect you, based solely on automated processing of your personal information.
Retention of personal data
Subject to applicable law, we retain your information for (as the case may be):
- As long as it is required for our legitimate purpose;
- As long as it is required to perform our contractual obligations;
- As long as we have your consent; or
- Such period as is required or required by law or regulatory obligations which apply to us.
We will delete or anonymise your personal data when it is no longer required.
Applicable law may provide you with a number of legal rights in relation your personal data that we process. These rights may include:
- a right to know what personal data we process and a right of access to such personal data;
- the right to request any incomplete or inaccurate personal data be corrected;
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we send you direct marketing;
- the right to require us to delete your personal data and/or otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in some circumstances;
- the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation which are based on legitimate interests, at any time (and require such personal data to be deleted). If you object, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; and
- a "data portability" right to require us to transfer your personal data to you or to a new service provider in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us by using the details set out under "Contacting Us" below.
We review and verify data protection rights requests. We apply non-discriminatory principles when we action requests relating to your data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws and principles.
We exercise particular care when receiving a request to exercise these rights on your behalf by a third party. We will ensure that the third party is correctly authorised by you to receive the requested information on your behalf.
Or you can contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the relevant body regulating data protection in your country (for the European Union, details are available here). In the UK, you can lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the office of the UK Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
Our websites and services are not intended for children
Our websites and our services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can contact us by using the details set out under "Contacting Us" below.
We value the security of your data and we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational and security measures to protect your personal data and prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. However, we cannot promise that your use of our Website or products or services will be completely safe. Any transmission of your data to us or our Website is at your own risk. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
We may update this Privacy Statement.
From time to time we may change this Privacy Statement. We will notify you of any material changes to our Privacy Statement to the extent required by law. We will post an updated copy on our Website. Please check our Website periodically for updates.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, or otherwise have any questions, requests or complaints, please address your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.